Sunday, October 3, 2010

old becomes new & Bob the muse


I told you I would use that old palette. I think its really fresh and I don't know that I would have just been able to pluck those colors out of a pantone book, though I did get them from my old painting-so maybe I would have. In case you didn't gather I am a real sucker for color. It is the single most important element of design as far as I'm concerned (assuming were talking about two dimensional art) I recall choosing colors as a past time when I was younger. I loved the 99 crayola crayons with the sharpener in the back! I liked to sort them into groups that complemented each other, loads of fun. I'm also a sucker for names of colors. I like the sound of tangerine over orange, lavender instead of light purple, I like prussian blue and azure, malachite, burnt sienna, topaz, amber...I would love to name colors for makeup or clothes. I like the sound of Lake (very L.L. Bean) If I could name a lipstick it might be jam&toast or something cute!

4 comments:

  1. I saw these gorgeous antique color charts and thought you'd like them!
    http://www.designspongeonline.com/2010/10/stunning-color-charts.html

    P.S. Bobby's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Coultercurated, I shall check it out! What colors are you liking for this fall? How about next season..any predictions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about neutrals this Fall, but for touches of color I like a deep burgundy, egg plant, mushroom, and mustard! For Spring I'm liking white, Silver, khaki tones, and touches of bright orange!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo, nice! Maybe I'll try some fall designs using that palette!!

    ReplyDelete