Sunday, October 3, 2010

Patterns and Illustration

The Daydream Pattern with pink ground
The Daydream Pattern with canary yellow ground ground
Bird Still Life on canary yellow ground
The Swimmers, ( evolved from the Daydream)
The Daydream
This morning I awoke early with images and colors dancing in my head. It was blustery and still a little dark out but I was eager to get started. Donning my winter slippers and with french roast in hand I began the Daydream. When a color palette is working one fun idea can give way to lots more and doodles evolve into finished pieces and patterns. The first image created was the still life bird perched on top of a cage. A flower, some spectacles and a steaming cup of coffee completed the still life. The daydream element evolved from the tree, I think...I imagined a girl falling into a deep sleep under the tree. Anyways, I'm definitely enjoying this color palette and the use of the white. More to come for sure.

2 comments:

  1. OOOooohhh.. I love the swimmers! I want to make a double knit wrap dress---printed with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! that's a good idea, I definitely want to start printing fabrics...And maybe learn some simple dress patterns so I can get an Etsy site going.

    ReplyDelete